Your Personal Information
This statement sets out how Busy Parents Network CIC (“we” or “us”) will deal with any personal information we collect from you or that you provide to us.
We will collect and deal with your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018. For the purpose of the Act, we are the data controller of personal data we hold about you.
How we may use your personal information
Personal information that we collect may be used by us in a number of ways:
- To tell you about events/services that we are running which we think may be of interest to you;
- To liaise with you about bookings or purchases;
- To collect feedback in order in order to improve our events/services;
- To support applications for funding for our events/services;
- To process payment for our events/services or your services;
- To publicize our events/services.
We will collect and handle your personal information either with your consent or because it is necessary for us to do so for the purposes of our legitimate interests outlined above.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Your contact details
- Your attendance at events run or hosted by us;
- Your financial information to the extent necessary to process payment by you or to you;
- Your availability to participate in rotas as a volunteer;
- Information contained in emails or other correspondence from you and records of telephone calls or meetings with you
- Details of your visits to our website (including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own purposes or otherwise) and the resources that you access
How we will collect information
We may collect information about you in the following ways:
- From forms that you fill in on our websites to respond to questions that you have or to receive information from us;
- Through your posts or comments on our Facebook pages and interactions with our Twitter posts;
- Through your responses to surveys that we make available to you to get your feedback and improve our events;
- By email, where you email us or interact with emails that we have sent;
- When you purchase tickets for our events, through our ticketing partners, in order to manage our events.
We also run the following cookies on our sites:
- CraftSessionId - used for storing the users session ID;
- _ga - google analytics – to distinguish users;
- _gat_gtag_UA_3965868_25 - google analytics – to smooth out the volume of activity on our sites;
- _gid - google analytics – to distinguish users;
Who we may share information with
We may share your information with others outside Busy Parents Network including:
- With our ticketing partners in order to process your requests for tickets (name, contact details and financial information);
- With our funders in order to provide feedback to them and to encourage them to continue to fund us (feedback you have given to us and photos);
- With the general public on social media in order to publicize our events (feedback you have given to us and photos).
How we will store information
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
The data that we control may be transferred and stored outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"), for example where our software providers store information on servers outside the EEA. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Where there is a transfer outside the EEA we will ensure that organisation to whom information is transferred is one which subscribes to equivalent standards under the Act.
We will take reasonable, necessary steps to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy statement.
We will store your information for no longer than reasonably necessary, usually to enable to run our events. After this we may continue to hold your contact details for as long as you agree in order to keep you informed about other events or services that we or other organisations are running.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for the purposes of informing you of events and other opportunities. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by contacting us.
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
You may request that personal information is corrected where it is not correct or that the information is deleted. You may also object to us processing information about you. Where you have consented to us handling your information, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Our Data Protection Officer
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Doug Mullen, our Company Secretary. For further information about how your personal information is used, how we store your information securely and your rights to access the information that we hold about you, please contact him at our registered office: 6 Sycamore Road, Bournville, Birmingham B30 2AD.
If you are unhappy with how we have handled your information, you may complain to the Information Commissioner.